Half-term is rapidly approaching, so why not book a break at Southfork Caravan Park and use our suggestions below to plan your stay and keep the kids happy! There’s many more attractions listed in our Holiday Planner if you need more inspiration.
There are many children activities available near our park- here are a few suggestions:
- Yeovil Country Park: This park has a variety of activities for children of all ages, including a playground, a mini-golf course, a nature trail, and a cafe.
- Haynes Motor Museum: This museum has a large collection of cars, motorcycles, and other vehicles, as well as interactive exhibits and a gift shop.
- Fleet Air Arm Museum: This museum is dedicated to the history of the Fleet Air Arm, the Royal Navy's aviation branch. It has a variety of aircraft on display, as well as interactive exhibits and a gift shop.
- Cary Alpacas: This farm offers visitors the opportunity to meet and feed alpacas, as well as learn about their history and care.
- Montacute House: This beautiful Elizabethan mansion is located just outside Yeovil and offers a great day out for children. There are beautiful gardens to explore, as well as a parkland area and a playground.
- Cheddar Gorge and Caves: Cheddar Gorge is not only one of Britain's most spectacular natural landmarks, but also an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
- Timewarp Arcade: Timewarp Arcade is the South West’s largest Retro arcade, and for a flat fee you can have unlimited access to play over 50 original arcade games.
You may also need some suggestions on where to eat when you visit us, here are a few recommendations:
- The Ranch Cafe & Deli: Situated on Southfork Caravan Park, The Ranch Cafe & Deli is an ideal place to relax and unwind whilst enjoying all the delicious food and drink produce that the Somerset Levels has on offer. It recently won a Taste of the West Hospitality Award 2023!
- The Hollies Hotel and Restaurant: This is a popular restaurant located in the nearby village of Bower Hinton. The menu features modern British cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients, and the restaurant has a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
- The Lamb & Lion: This historic pub in the village of Hambridge serves up delicious pub food made with local ingredients. The pub also has a great selection of local ales and ciders.
- The White Hart: This is a traditional village pub located in the nearby village of Somerton. The pub serves up classic pub dishes, including locally sourced meats and fresh seafood.
- The Cat Head Inn: Located in the village of Chiselborough, this pub is known for its hearty portions of classic pub food. The menu features dishes made with local ingredients, and the pub also has a great selection of local ales and ciders.
- The New Farm Restaurant: This is a family-run restaurant located in the nearby village of Over Stratton. The menu features modern European cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients, and the restaurant has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
For any queries regarding staying at Southfork Caravan Park and camping or touring with your dog, please contact us online or on 01935 825661. Booking and availability can also be viewed online.